Thursday, April 23, 2009

Job Searching

Friends and family one and all---I need a job!! My bright shining hope: the BYU-Idaho library just sent me a rejection email yesterday. They said that although I am very qualified, all the positions have been filled Blah Blah Blah. I had high hopes for the library since I have a friend that works there who said they had openings and I should apply. So I did, before anybody else, and sill didn't get the job! I'm pretty much desperate at this point. (Although not desperate enough to start applying at calling centers yet) For those of you who don't know, Rexburg is IMPOSSIBLE when it comes to finding a job. Why? Because it has a population of 30, 000 with about 15, 000 being BYU-I students. This means there are 15, 000 other highly qualified people taking all the jobs available. Last summer while Adam was taking classes and I was not, I looked feverishly for a job. I applied EVERYWHERE (including the dreaded call centers) for 2 months and never got a job. This is no joke, and I'm not alone--talk to any other person who has job searched in Rexburg...not fun!
Long story short, if anybody knows anything---let me know!! I'm taking any legit online work-from-home jobs, job openings from Rexburg to Idaho Falls, anything!! Talk to me people!

3 comments:

Rachey said...

I got nothin, good luck though!

rachbechep said...

i don't know of any!!...other than the banana man for jamba! haha.
good luck!

brittany+scott said...

I heard Skywest airlines is hiring in Idaho Falls. The hours a new hire would be working aren't the most coveted but hey it could be a job!