Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

Well my last post was me pathetically pleading for a job. I got what I asked for in 2-fold, which turned out to be more than I'd bargained for!! My first job was a position as a tour guide for BYU-Idaho, which primarily has me doing tours for Elementary school field trips. Of course I have been ultra-excited about this one and it has been SO fun to do! Additionally, it'll be great experience for my major and will look good to Elem. schools on my resume in a year.
The other job was set up by Emily Goodsell, who out of the goodness of her heart talked to a friend of hers and got me a job at the Writing Center on campus. I was so excited to have 2 jobs that would help us pay the bills and maybe a new pair of shoes (which of course is something I do not need, FYI for those of you who haven't seen my closet). Well as it turns out, being a full time student with 2 jobs is not as glamorous as it may seem. Long story short and many guilty apologies later, I quit my job at the Writing Center and breathed a sigh of relief.
I am back down to just my classes and a few hours a week as a tour guide. Today I did a tour for a small family, a young guy on his way to the MTC and his parents. For this tour I got to drive one of the school's golf carts around campus, telling this family about BYU-Idaho, why it's so great, why he should come here after his mission, and answering their many questions. Besides a slight fiasco trying to figure out how to turn the golf cart on, it was a great tour and I hope to have made an impact.
Thursday I am flying to SD to go to one of my best friend's weddings (Janelle Butler). I can't wait, and although this will be me and Adam's first time away from each other since we got married  :( , I am so excited to be warm for the weekend and eat copious amounts of real Mexican food.
The end.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

mmmm... mexican food... can i have some????? there is nothing like southern california hole-in-the-wall mexican food. it's not even the same up here!!

so glad you found a job & can't wait to see you in 2 days!

tollestrupfamily said...

Working girl! How long will you be in SD?