I'm sure you've all heard of the movie "Marley and Me". Basically it's one of our favorite movies now. We like to think it's about us, because really the movie is very similar to our lives thus far. Anyway, we saw it in theaters and fell in love (if I said we didn't cry, I'd be lying...but I'm not saying we did). It came out on video on Tuesday and although we had planned on buying it the day it came out, due to lack of funds we couldn't. We even tried renting it from Red Box last night, but all the copies were already gone. Well, our luck changed and today our tax returns came via direct deposit!!!! We were so excited (and I was so obsessed) that when Adam went to Priesthood session, I went to the grocery store to purchase this wonderful family film. So, I get to Broulim's (our local grocery store) and search the store in all the usual movie places and couldn't find it!! I was crushed! I went to the customer service desk and asked if they were selling it, and the man said yes but the only one I have up here is already sold, so you'll have to find a check stand that still has one. So I began my search, awkwardly scoping out each and every check stand (keep in mind Broulim's was, for whatever reason, SUPER busy, so everyone and their mom was watching me with weird looks). ALAS!! I found the one and only checker that still had 1 copy of Marley and Me. I proceed to wait in line for approximately 15 minutes with nothing in my hands to purchase-again receiving awkward looks and by this time some teenage giggles-and read about Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Aniston (of course, because nobody in this world exists but them nowadays) in a magazine. Meanwhile I'm sweating bullets hoping that nobody picks up that one last copy of tonight's entertainment thinking how embarrassing that would be after all I've been through...BUT at last I reach the front of the line and snatch that movie with a sigh of relief.
In the end, it was worth it. Marley and Me, how I love you.
5 comments:
Ton - I can just imagine it. I have to tell you our Marley story. I took the kids to see Bedtime Stories and it was sold out so we went to see Marley and Me. I LOVED it but it was SO awkward with the kids. You don't realize until you go with kids how much innuendo there is and how many "trying to have a baby" scenes there were. Taylor was horrified because we had just given her the talk. We all loved it and did cry and ended up getting Molly a few days later so it did serve it's purpose. So now we are going to have to clear play it or the kids will boycott it. I have to add that I LOVED it and thought it was hilarious, just not the "great family film" they advertised it to be. Note to self - don't watch it with children under 12 or it WILL be awkward in the skinny dipping scene. :)
I lost any trace of masculinity I had left thanks to this movie. Cried like a chick.
I've never seen it and I don't think i plan to because tons of guys have told me they cried like children/women, etc. Thats not something I look for necessarily. And ton, that was the saddest story i've ever heard! haha, so awkward. I wish I had been there to see you doing that.
Also, the security word this time is "ANTORD". That should be a word.
hey, we just watched that last week! we loved it. and i can't wait to buy it!!!! :)
We should really vent about Brad/Ange/Jen annoyingness together sometime. Lol. Although I do get a kick out of the dramatic magazine covers with mean face from Ange and Jen.
Also, loved the movie! It can't be about you and Adam though, cause its about me and Ryan, ha ha.
Post a Comment