Friday, April 1, 2011

Moving

We are really looking forward to moving. There's no two ways about it. We can't wait to get on to the next stage of life. With me being graduated for a year now, Adam graduating next week, baby coming in a few months, we've just been looking FORWARD so much lately. I've been trying to savor our last months, weeks, and now days here in Idaho. As much as we are so excited to leave, we really are going to miss it here. We both have lived here for about 6 years now, we met here, dated here, broke up here (not the fondest memory, but a memory still), and returned here married to our first home where we've made our life together these past 3 years. We love our home, we love our friends, we love BYU-Idaho, and heck we'll miss some aspects of this bubble we've been living in. A few weeks ago during lunch at work I wrote kind of a pro-con list of sorts. Things I'll miss about Idaho and things I'm excited for about California. Here is my list:

Things I'll miss about Idaho:
Fall colors
White Christmases
Snowmobiling
Camping
Our friends
No traffic
Genuinely kind strangers
Always feeling safe
Cost of living
Dr. Huggins (our baby doc)
Drives in the mountains
Crime rate
Porter's (best craft store ever!)
Cafe Rio

Things I'm looking forward to in California:
Year-round pleasant weather
Beach
Outdoor swimming pools
Family walks outside year-round
Palm trees
Greenery, flowers (even and especially in the winter)
Being closer to family
Living in civilization-not having to drive at least 1/2 hour to get to ANY store
Disneyland, Sea World, Six Flags
Wearing skirts, flip flops, short sleeves most of the year (especially looking forward to that now that I don't fit into any of my jeans)
Real hole-in-the-wall Mexican food
Grocery stores that carry diverse items
Fruit
Good drivers
Fresh, salty air (it may not be the cleanest, but it's salty fresh!)
Having a skin color that's not clear-yes it's vain but hey it just makes me feel good ok??
Being in a ward that has more than just newly weds and babies
Costco

That's all I have for now, but as you can see I've put quite a bit of thought into this. We will miss Idaho and our life here, but we are ready for a new beginning in beautiful California!

5 comments:

RyGuy said...

Pretty crazy how our whole family is having lots of changes all at the same time: You guys graduating and moving, us graduating and moving, tyler coming home, brandon at a new job and recently moved. Good luck you guys!

Anonymous said...

You'll be happy to know there is a Cafe Rio down here. There's one right by our house. We love it.

tollestrupfamily said...

Can't wait! We actually drive an hour to get to Cafe Rio. Nuts I know.

Ruby said...

SO excited! I don't know that I'd ever want to live in California, but it sounds like an excellent vacation spot! I hope the packing and everything goes well for you guys :)

Lauren said...

So happy for you guys and all these exciting changes, even if you did rain on Owen's BYU parade :)