Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bath Thoughts

Today I was body sore. My lower back ached from packing and cleaning all day. I got a cramp in my hip which then became so sore I could barely hobble on it. So I decided to soak in a warm bath. I've never been a big bather, but never really connected why. I just figured it was because I hate being pruney..which is also true. But, as I sat in this bath it suddenly dawned on me--I HATE BATHS BECAUSE I DON'T FIT IN THEM!! If I want the water to go up to my neck, my legs stick out. If I want my legs in, I'm al fresco from the waist up. So instead I have to settle for one or the other...and be jealous of those petite pregnant ladies in movies who settle in to a nice soothing bubble bath for their sore muscles. *Sigh* Oh well, like I told Adam in a moment of frustration--Someday when we build our own home I'm going to search far and wide for a long, deep tub I can submerge my whole self in!!

4 comments:

brandiniboy said...

When I get in the bath tub my butt gets wet and my legs below the knee. I don't remember the last time I took a bath because it would be rediculous. Also at the end you're just bathing in your own filth, just a thought...

Ruby said...

I'm pretty average height but don't like bathing because my legs don't fit in the tub... perhaps bath tubs need a reformation! take it easy with the packing momma!

RyGuy said...

I bet you could soak in mom and dad's awesome tub. Something to aspire to. I don't care for baths because of the thought of sitting bare-butt on the surface that carries away not only my filth and foot fungus, but that of Rachel, Liam, and Gavin.

Da Mama said...

OK first off I have two sons who sure are disgusting in their bathing descriptions. TMI guys! Yea daughter it is our lot in life with the gene pool we've been dealt, but I've got to tell ya, I always dreamed of the big tub too for the same reasons and ask me how much I use it now that I have one? In the past 5 years I could count it on 1 finger!