Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's No Longer an IT

Yes that's right my friends, we're having a BOY! No surprise there to many of you, including us. We had the boy feeling all along but I have to say that hasn't taken out any of the excitement! We are so thrilled to finally be able to say "he" and also to start narrowing down our name selection. YES we have names, and NO we're not sharing until he is officially named at the hospital! You'll just have to anxiously await the announcement in August. Why? Mostly because we won't know until then either! We're still duking it out between each of our favorites.

The ultrasound was fantastic. It is always wonderful to watch him move and to start seeing his features develop and mostly just to know he is healthy and strong. The nurse showed us everything there was to see from his spine to his bladder to his racing heart. We got some great pictures BUT, much to Adam's dismay, they forgot to print out the classic between the legs BOY shot, so you'll just have to believe us that the organ is present and unambigous.

This signals my halfway point and I can't believe I'm already here! I feel great and I can't wait to start shopping for our little dude. We bought his first outfit (first from us that is) when we got home from the doctor. Any guesses on what it was? If you can't guess, you don't know Adam very well. We bought him his very first FLORIDA GATOR outfit. There were so many adorable choices and definitely some I will probably go back and buy later, but we settled on a onesie/bib/bootie combo. I'll post pictures when it comes next week. Adam is thrilled to welcome HIS BOY into the family. He has already figured out what sports will be starting around the time he is born so they can watch ESPN together.

The only negative of our appointment today was finding out I may have Gestational Diabetes. This came as bummer news, but not necessarily a surprise. With my PCOS, I have a higher risk of Gest. Diab. I go in next week for more tests. We'll hope for the best!

In other news, Adam got his internship placement today. He'll be working on a job in Compton, CA, starting April 18th. We will not be living in Compton however, so no worries! The company sets up our housing for those few months, so we will find out in the next week where we'll be living (most likely Anaheim). We are completely stoked and can't wait to move and get started with this new chapter!

Some pictures for your enjoyment and ours:


Awesome shot of his spine

Sucking his thumb. This is my fave I think he looks so cute!

Flexible like his daddy

20 week belly. It's a little blurry-Adam's not the best photographer

8 comments:

Sean said...

I'm so happy for you Tonya and I have to say that you're the cutest pregnant woman ever!

Sam said...

This is actually Sam not Sean. Ooops!

tollestrupfamily said...

I can't even tell you how happy I am! I think I may have squealed when your Mom called me. :) I also can't wait for you guys to be closer!

Da Mama said...

Tonie, dad called me and asked if I had heard it was a boy and I said yes. He then said, "Wow 5 sons and 4 grandsons. We never knew how really special Tonya was did we." Seriously!

Lauren said...

I can't believe they caught him sucking his thumb, how cute is that! You look great and I am so happy for all these fun changes coming for you. Sad that you will already have left Idaho when we come up, but maybe we can catch each other on your way to Cali??

Ruby said...

Awesome!! I love the pics and he looks great! He's probably as tall as max was at birth!! I was born in Compton, it sounds like a scary place but I'm glad you won't be living there :) Congrats you two!!

The Ranson Family said...

Congratulations! Little boys are so cute! Tonya, you look co cute and happy. Love the pics.

amber said...

You are seriously such a beautiful pregnant lady. :)