How am I feeling? Well the first few weeks were tough. I was very sick, the kind where you'd sure feel better if you could just throw up but you just can't get it to come. But then my wonderful doctor introduced me to something delightful: Zofran. I have felt pretty much normal since I started taking it for my nausea. I definitely feel better when I am busy, and preferably out of the house. It being winter here in Rexburg, Idaho, we don't have the underrated ability to take a walk outside or even open the windows to air out a musty house with all its smells (OH the smells that send me through the roof! And our house it clean, trust me, it just has so many smells!) So I have to settle for a trip to the grocery store or opening a window and freezing us out for a few minutes while the house gets a burst of fresh air. I never thought I'd say that I am so grateful for the days I get to work.
Yesterday we got to have an ultrasound and it was simply incredible. There is just nothing like seeing an actual living person inside of you. I have seen many ultrasounds, and even attended my mom's appointments when she was pregnant with my youngest brother, Tanner, so I guess I just thought it would be just another ultrasound. Nope. This baby is inside of ME..not someone else...me. This is OUR baby, we are "ITS" parents. Wow. My favorite part was when the nurse caught a certain angle and the baby started dancing up a storm! Boy is this our kid or what! I even documented the song that was playing in the room at the time: "It's Too Late Baby" by Carole King. We have ourselves a Disco baby. I'm so proud. It was just kickin and jivin and movin like there was no tomorrow. We saw the heartbeat in baby's chest and it was so fast and strong! (We didn't get to hear it because baby decided to hide at just the right moment, but at least we got to see that it was strong) It was just such a relief to see that all is well and that this is REAL!
Well, I'll not bore you any longer with our sappy giddiness, but my family was asking for pictures, so here they are!:
12 week belly..I could've sworn I was carrying twins with how quickly I started showing..nope just one in there!

18 comments:
OOO YAY!! Congrats Tonya! That is very exciting news! I'm so so happy for you guys!! Our babies will be just a few months apart too! FUN! Hope you start feeling mo better soon! :)
WooHoo! I remember Liam's dancing with his ultrasound, its so fun to watch.
How is exciting! You look great and so happy!
Yeah i never got to see Ty move when we went to the ultrasound. He kept moving when I took my eyes off the monitor. Lame. So happy for my little sister. Way to go guys!
Look at you and your cute baby bump! So so so happy for you guys!
YAY!! Congratulations, Tonya! I'm SO happy for you!!! :-)
Congrats! :)
congrats tonya! i'm really happy for you!
The Walker family is all jumping up and down for JOY for you two (oops, you three!) We are so excited for you!
Yaaaaay! I love babies. It's awesome to see them in the ultrasound. Ahhh yay!
Yes!!!!!!!!! Tonya this is so exciting!!! I am so excited for your little family!!! And you look so cute!! Congrats!!!
congrats to you two! so exciting!!
We may have let out a few screams when we got your text. :) We are SO happy for you!!!!!!
I have been trying to get your phone number from your Mom so I could call you and tell you how excited I am for you guys! When my Mom told me I started crying and laughing at the same time! We have been praying for you two for so long, I'm sure it feels like a lot longer for you guys. You guys are going to be amazing parents!
Holy Freak!You are pregnant!Remember the name Daniel for boys.Strong, debonair,and islander sounding.
So excited for you my love!!!!!!!!
TONYA AND ADAM!!! We had a snow day on the day I check my blog... and our internet was not working so I saw your pic on fb and freaked out in the office!! haha. I'm so excited for you guys! You are going to be such amazing parents and Tonya you look soo soo good and I'm sure you're enjoying every minute. There is nothing like having a little dancing baby in the belly :) you look lovely.
I got the biggest smile on my face when I saw the pictures and then totally teared up when I saw your bump. I dont know if Im more excited that there is a baby in there or if Im just happy to see you with some kind of belly! haha Just kidding. I cant WAIT for this baby. One of the best moments of my life waking up to that text!! Love you guys, and so excited for the 3 of you!
Post a Comment