Friday, March 26, 2010

Moving Back Home?

Yes, that's right...San Diego here we come! Adam has been searching for quite some time for an internship in Construction Management. He has to have 2 before he graduates, and since he only has about one semester of actual classes left--the search has been majorly wearing on our stress nerves as I'm sure you can imagine! Well one finally formulated for him in San Diego, so we're pretty stoked. This is actually a perfect time too, since I'm graduating in 2 weeks! (WOOT!)

As we've been mentally preparing and starting to sort through and pack, etc. getting ready to leave the for the summer (and potentially longer if he succeeds in a second internship for the fall somewhere else) I've been thinking about all the things I'll miss about our Summers in Idaho. "Wait a minute" you say... "You'll actually MISS Idaho??" Well, yes! Not that we'd want to live here forever, but we have a life here. And after all, Summer is the best season in Idaho. There's so much to do and it's beautiful in the Summer--maybe not as beautiful as Florida, California, Virginia, or many other places we could think of...but we HAVE grown to enjoy our summers here.

Here are some things I'll really miss:
After-dinner walks with Duke around the neighborhood
Lunches of Taco Wagon tacos and Snoasis snowcones
Watching movies in our backyard projected on the fence
Friends
Cooking/Cleaning/doing everything with the doors and windows open
Camping
Floating the river
Barbeques in the backyard just about every night of the week
Ward parties at the park
Walking to church

Mostly we just love being outside without having to bundle up in everything we own, and running from car to store or school to car. The precious few months of good weather we have have become quite sacred to us. But, then again...we ARE moving to San Diego...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!! First, I have been thinking about you a TON lately and we need to talk... but now... we REALLY need to talk. Plan on a phone call tomorrow.
Second, I am jealous but so happy for you guys!
Third, I need to know when graduation is so I can come up!
Fourth, what are you doing with your house? Just leaving it empty but you are going back right?
... mostly just plan on a call.

I LOVE YOU A LOOOOOOT!!!!!

Tiffanie said...

Congrats guys! That's so exciting that not only Adam has an internship but that you're moving to CA!! I'm so jealous :) Good luck with moving.

jkzank said...

Super jealous and excited for you guys! Hey, are you going to the family reunion?

Melinda said...

I am rather bummed you will be leaving us soon, but way excited for you and was just wondering if maybe I can go with you? You guys can adopt me, I would be an excellent daughter, talk it over let me know what ya think?

rachbechep said...

how exciting! :) san diego in summer is by far better than rexburg in summer. enjoy!

Urry Family said...

Tonyaaaaaaaaaaa! Don't know exactly where you'll be staying (are you staying with your folks?), but if you're in So Cal, we at least see much more of you. Hmmm. Notice you didn't say anthing about missing the snow, but snowcones come close!!

RyGuy said...

Loser...what do you think your curfew will be?

The Todds said...

Well Ryan, in highschool it was 11:30, when I was home from college it was 12:00, now that I'm married maybe I'll get a 12:30 curfew! And at that rate I could probably get a 1:00 when I have a kid!...But I won't push my luck.