Wednesday, February 24, 2010

POGS

Yes, you read right, POGS. SLAMMERS. Bring back any childhood memories? If not, you probably did not live a very fulfilling childhood. I still remember the tragic day when Pogs were declared contraband at North Broadway Elementary. Tears were shed. Children's hearts left crushed and bleeding. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but you get the idea.

This afternoon, we inherited a vast supply of Pogs. Disney Pogs, NFL team Pogs, oldschool cartoon character Pogs (remember Rocko?), and so many more. These are the benefits of working at an elementary school with a teacher who has been teaching 20+ years. Our kids are set for life.


6 comments:

brandiniboy said...

POGS!!! I wish I knew what happened to my pog tube. It had the coolest slammers in it. I should like to play pogs with you sometime soon.
And of course I remember Rocko's Modern Life.

RyGuy said...

I want to play pogs. I still remember going up to the kids' houses on the boleroridge on the other side of N. Iris and playing pogs. Good times. P.S. remember the old neighborhood? We should go rollerblading over there next time we're all in Esco...

brandiniboy said...

Mel and I have rollerblades, so we are up to the task. A family rollerblading adventure would be stupendous.

Ruby said...

i totally forgot about those!!! they were the best...

alyssa said...

shoooo, i still have my pogs!! i would love to see your sweet collection when we come visiting teaching! (which will be soon i promise!) :)

Tiffanie said...

I'm so jealous...that's freaking awesome :)