Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the 8th Day of Thanksgiving...

...I am thankful for Adam. He is so good to me, and I'm so lucky to have him! Here is my tribute to da hubby:
I love that he tells me he loves me about a million times every day, and means it every time. I love that he never lets a day go by without telling me how beautiful he thinks I am. I love how he spends endless amounts of time planning our “next vacation”. I love when he refers to our future children as “my boy” and “my little girl”. I love when he looks at me with a special twinkle in his eye when I have a baby in my arms. I love his “go big or go home” attitude. I love that he has never made a promise and not kept it. I love that he’s such a football stud. I love that he sings at the top of his lungs in the shower to Luther Vandross and other silky love music, usually without hitting even 1 correct note. I love that he never notices when women check him out or flirt with him. I love that he misses me when we’re not together. I love that even though he could care less about holidays, he indulges me in my obsession with holiday decorations and festivities. I love that he always thanks me for dinner (even when it’s hamburgers from Wendy’s). I love that he dreams big, and often starts conversations with “When I make a lot of money…” I love that he doesn’t have to bear his testimony for me to know that the Gospel is the most important thing in his life. I love that he supports me-and often pushes me when I’m lazy-in my education. I love that he loves to shower me with gifts, even though we don’t have the money and it’s often just a chocolate bar when I’m PMSing. I love that he always knows exactly what to say when I’m upset. I love that he’s so tolerant and quick to forgive. I love when he laughs at me for being a total goober. I love that when I cry, nothing else in the whole world matters until he fixes it. I love that he can always tell when I need to cuddle (even though he hates it), or when I need a hug. I love that we are so different, and yet so alike. I love how he never hangs up with his mom, dad, or sister without telling them he loves them. I love when he rough-houses with Duke and how he treats him like the son he doesn’t have. I love how easily he makes friends, and how a friend of his once is a friend of his for life. I love that he takes me to the temple on a regular basis. I love that even since our very first date I have always felt safe and totally comfortable with him. I love that he gets so embarrassed when I tell him how great he is.

5 comments:

jkzank said...

So so cute! You are one lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

my nose got all tingily and i almost cried a tear. I almost just fell in love with Adam. That was weird! haha but Im super excited to follow your blog. And tempted to start my own thankful count down :) Love you!
and Adam :D

RyGuy said...

I love how much he loves my little sister. Gag, I know, but that's what I thought when I read this. Love ya bro.

Lauren said...

This was so sweet! You guys are too cute :)

Oh, and the whole 'talking about future children'... is that not the greatest thing in the world? It melts my heart every time!

Elder and Sister Walker said...

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!