Sunday, November 22, 2009

On the 5th Day of Thanksgiving...

...I am thankful for education. Without it, I would not have the immense blessing of being a teacher (almost). I love my students, cherish my time with them, and feel that I am able to do something truly special and important. Namely, I am grateful for BYU-Idaho. I cannot think of a better place for me, and have never felt anything but at home here. I feel there is a very special plan for this University, and am grateful to have been a part of its beginnings for the last 5 years. (In short, for those of you who know what I'm talking about and may ridicule me for it...the Spirit of Ricks lives inside me and always will!)

I tried to attach a video about BYU-I that I just love, but couldn't get it to work. Sad. So you can go here: http://www.byui.edu/news/newsreleases2006/060906clarkdevotional.htm and watch it if you like. Click on the "video" link a couple paragraphs down in the article. Enjoy.
Also, we put up our Christmas decorations today. And it was a happy day. Somehow, Christmas decorations still hold the power to make up for a truly crappy day. The end.

No comments: