I have been filling in lately as a secretary in the office I do tours for (which is so great since the elementary schools are out for summer which means I have no tours for the rest of the semester basically). I was asked to edit the devotional talk from today so they could put it on the school's website. There were a couple great quotes I wanted to share:
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." --Derek Bok, former president of Harvard (This one made me think especially of Ryan and Rachel--medical school must suck!! But a few years down the road that education will pay off Ry so keep truckin!!)
"You may have tangible wealth untold; caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be--I have a mother who read to me." --Strickland Gillilian (This one is going on my kids' wall-as a teacher and future mother, I love it!)
Have a great day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cool quotes! Thanks for thinking of us.
how did you do that pic of you and adam at the side you two lovebirds you!
Oh I'm just pretty much amazing, thats all--duh!
OO I like these quotes a lot. Devos are great. {Even though I didn't go today...oops} That's cool you get to edit them!
Yes, great quotes! I've never heard the Bok quote before. Such a powerful statement. How true it is. Additionally I have been so excited to see you through the years become such a reader, and to read and love some of my personal favorites. It's fun to share that with my daughter.
Post a Comment