For those who have been asking I'll give an overview of his birth story. August 13th was our due date, so when I went to my doctor's appointment on the 10th, I was hoping that my doctor would say I was in labor or close enough to head to the hospital. I was already at 2 cm and 70% effaced the week before. When she checked me, I was 3 cm and 90% effaced and having regular Braxton Hicks contractions. Doc said that I was close enough that I could certainly induce if I wanted, but that it would probably take several days to get me an appointment at the hospital. I said I'd take the soonest appointment and in the meantime would she strip my membranes to see if that would speed things up. She did so, and I went on my way. On the way home from the appointment I got a call from a lady at the doc's office who coordinates the hospital appointments and she said she could make it for 2 am that night. I said "YES PLEASE!" and called Adam right away. We spent the rest of the evening anxious, excited, nervous-you name it!
We got to the hospital at 2 am, the broke my water at 4am, started pitocin about 1/2 hour after that, and so began the real contractions. They progressed pretty quickly and by the time the epidural came I was so ready! I told Adam that if I could marry the epidural I would. It was absolutely FABULOUS and I have no shame and I will use it every time I have a baby!! I could still move my body, wiggle my toes, feel pressure when I had contractions, but had NO pain anymore. I can't say enough. I went from 5cm to 10 cm in an hour and a half and immediately started to feel the need to push. They said baby's head wasn't quite down far enough so hold it til the doctor arrives. The next 45 mins I was hard pressed to squeeze my legs together and put off that urge to push! The doctor arrived and let me start pushing right away.
After 7 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing I was presented with the fruits of my labors in the form of tiny baby Connor. We are so blessed to have him and love him to pieces!!
Our chimp after his first sponge bath at home.
We have an ultrasound where he's doing this exact same thing!
Grandma was very sad to leave today, but thankfully only lives an hour away.

9 comments:
7 hours of labor! You go girl. Connor is so tiny, I can't believe it. I'm glad he is such a good baby-- you deserve it after all your work to get him here! Congrats on getting the breatfeeding down. It isn't easy, and maybe you can give me pointers next time around. Let's chat soon!! :)
I'm glad you and Connor are doing well. I'm also happy for you that he is a good baby! Sounds like all is well and you are adjusting well.
Thanks for posting more pictures! I don't think I will ever get over how small he is, especially compared to Gavin.
Totally looks like a little chimp in that picture. Now time to beef up those legs. Ty never cried either, but now he's terrible, hopefully your experience is better.
7 hours?? You lucky Mommy! That is one short labor, especially for a first baby. He is so stinkin' cute and tiny! I hope we can see him soon!
LOVE the name! So glad everything went well and so far he has been a good baby! I'm an epidural girl too! =)
He looks so cute and tiny sleeping next to adam. I'm so happy for you guys.
You are a CHAMP!!! 7 hours, that is awesome!! I'm glad to hear he's doing so well. He's sooo long and cute. I love his name! Its great to hear that everything went well and that he's an angel.
He is such a QT! I am jealous of all that hair since all my kids were baldies! Glad to hear the labor was so quick (for a first timer, 7 hrs is pretty good) I'm just so glad for you both that little Conner has arrived.
Post a Comment