Call us crazy, but Adam and I actually kind of like road trips. This is a good thing, because at this stage of life, we do a lot of them! Between San Diego and Rexburg, Rexburg and Las Cruces, Las Cruces and San Diego...WOW do we do a lot of driving! Last weekend we decided that before a family reunion with my Mom's side of the family, we would drive up to Rexburg to visit our friends who we haven't seen for the past 4 months. Naturally, living in my parent's house, being in the ward I grew up in, etc etc has been interesting now that I'm married. We don't really have any married friends here, and for the first couple months of being here (since Adam's internship was a non-paying internship) we had NO money to even go out together on a real date. With all of this, we have truly missed OUR life! Our home, our friends, our routines. SO we decided it was high time. This was a 15 hour drive. After a couple days spent in the Burg, we headed to Bear Lake-a 3.5 hour drive. After the reunion, we headed back to SD-another 14ish hours spent IN THE CAR!
SO..to the point of this post. You may ask, "What in Hades' name do you do for all those hours to keep you occupied??" Well thanks to our fabulous friends, the Taits, we have Harry Potter books 1-4 on CD. You have NO idea how much the stuffy Brit and his voices reading these great books keeps us entertained through the long hours of endless road stretched before us. Try it, I dare you! I have finally convinced Adam that BOOKS are so much better than MOVIES-no matter how well done the movie versions of the books are! He still refuses to read (darn you ADHD!) but at least he understands a little better why I love books so much!!
When we aren't listening to Harry Potter on CD, or having delightful catch-up conversation, or simply having some quiet think time, we like to dabble in home-made music mixes. I made one for this trip that was especially great. Here is the list of songs in my "Chill Ton" playlist:
Where I Stood--Missy Higgins
Break Even--The Script
Warm Whispers--Missy Higgins
Hey, Soul Sister--Train
1, 2, 3, 4--Plain White T's
Haven't Met You Yet--Michael Buble
Hold You In My Arms--Ray LaMontagne
I Run to You--Lady Antebellum
Come Home--One Republic Ft. Sara Bareilles
Hold On--Michael Buble
Whataya Want From Me--Adam Lambert (don't judge me, I like it ok??)
Need You Now--Lady Antebellum
The House You're Building--Audrey Assad (it was a free itunes download..Christian Rock..meh)
Closer To Love--Mat Kearney
Breathe--Ryan Star
You're Welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well if I had known you were into books on tape I could have hooked you up with all 7 of the Harry Potters. Books 4-7 are obviously the best ones anyway (surprised you didn't know that...) Just a thought. Also I bet you could get Adam to read the Hunger Games. Those are sweet books.
The End
I've been enjoying road trips lately too as Liam gets better at them. We should invest in some books on tape too.
Post a Comment