We have this craft store here in Rexburg that I absolutely LOVE. I have never thought of myself as being particularly "crafty", but something about being a housewife with little money and a home of my own to decorate the way I want it, makes me feel like doing crafts all the time. Porter's is my housewife safe haven. My sanctuary, if you will. When I'm having a rough day, feeling bored on a day off from teaching, or just feeling down-right low, I hop in the car and head to Porter's. I usually end up leaving empty handed because, as I said, we have little spending money for my random whims and tastes. But just being in that store with the smells of the candles, the little old ladies in their homemade work aprons asking me if I need any help, the soft music playing in the background, the holiday crafts and decorations that garnish the walls and aisles this time of year, and all the GREAT crafting ideas, makes me feel alive! I never understood the appeal of a "Super Saturday" until my first meeting with this happy store.
Yesterday on one such day I roamed the aisles of Porter's alone, just the way I like for maximum think-time and browsing, and found myself, as usual, in the vinyl lettering section. They always have such cute and sometimes inspiring sayings for rubbing on tiles, walls, paper, wood-anything! Yesterday they had a couple really great ones:
"EVERY TIME I SAY THE WORD EXERCISE, I WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH CHOCOLATE"
"BE NOT AFRAID OF GOING SLOWLY; BE AFRAID ONLY OF STANDING STILL"
There were so many more that I just kept being tempted to buy that would make my home a vinyl lettering montage, but I resisted the temptation to take that step into mormon wife oblivion where once you've stepped in, your husband may as well kiss all his opinions on home decorating (and believe it or not Adam has quite the queer eye) goodbye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If your looking for cheap vinyl lettering, don't go to porters to buy it. I know a lady that will do for almost half the price. And you can do it the font, style you want.
I've never seen you as a bigger nerd than I do now.
Post a Comment